This masterclass is designed to give you the skills and tools required to confidently navigate the production process. Many event professionals shy away from production, often thinking they are not technical enough. In this Masterclass you’ll learn the language used by Production Agencies, understand the processes involved, benefits and associated costs. The Masterclass will arm you with the skills and knowledge to talk confidently to technical crews on site. You will also obtain a comprehensive insight into the process of creating printed collateral for your events – on time and on budget.
What you will Learn:
Understand the meaning of production and when it is required
Appreciate the role and responsibility of a Production Manager / Producer
Grasp a general knowledge of Staging, Rigging, Scenery, Sound and Light
Recognise costs for each area of production
Comprehend how AV and special effects can enhance an event
Create and use production documentation
Create simple event site plans and interpret key documentation plans
Use basic production terminology
Manage the process for developing video stings, voiceovers and editing
Design and Print
Understand the meaning of design and print for events
Understand when it is appropriate to use design and print and how it can enhance events
Appreciate the role and responsibility of a designer / creative director and how to work with them
Grasp general knowledge of the design, print and production process
Recognise costs for each area of design
Be able to create and use print and design documentation
Create a design brief
Securing client buy-in and taking them on the design journey with you
Use basic design terminology
Manage the processes for designing and printing all materials needed for an event
What the Masterclass Contains:
This Masterclass is divided into two lessons - 'Production and Technical', and 'Design and Print' - with over 2 1/2 hours of film, slides and presentations.
There are 19 downloadable resources for you to keep and use. These include: Music licensing; technical venue visit checklist; health & safety; insurance considerations; design briefs; and paper weights and dimensions.
Also included are several exercises for you to test your learning and develop your skills.
You get 6-months' access from your date of registration.
Rachael is an experienced and highly skilled producer, with a strategic and creative approach. Rachael has worked with a wide variety of brands and businesses to drive engagement, deliver key messages and generate opportunities.
Live CIM accredited courses
Online CIM accredited courses
Technical Production, Print & Design
Setting Up an Event Business
Festival Event Management
Creativity in Events
Venue & Supplier Management
Financial Management and Budgeting for Events
The Event Essentials
Corporate Events & Conferences
Social Media for Events
Want to find out more? Click here
- The Academy was formed to challenge the traditional training offered to event students, raise industry standards and prepare future leaders for a career in the business.
- We believe that event management needs to be experienced and not just learned to be able to do it well, so we apply Lao Tzu’s approach wherever possible……Tell me I forget, Show me and I remember, Involve me and I understand!
- All our Founders and Lecturers have worked in the industry, either running their own agencies or leading teams in industry leading agencies or businesses around the world
- We are uniquely, independently accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing
- We focus purely on event management and so are able to adapt to new trends and apply them on our courses
- We are the UK market leader, training more students than any other organisation in the UK
- Our students come from all over the world
- We work with over 500 event businesses across the UK placing students, providing volunteers and supporting business challenges and are the preferred supplier to some of the largest agencies in the UK.
- In 2016, to make it easier for people to understand what we do, we changed our name from Ashdown Academy/Eventcourse to The Event Academy.
About the Lesson
About the Lesson
Production & Technical short quiz to test your knowledge
About the Lesson
Design & Print short quiz to test your knowledge
Study for an Accredited Course
Your Certificate of Achievement