Choosing the right venue and supplier(s) for your event is critical to its overall success. This Masterclass will help you understand the processes involved in successful venue and supplier management. Learn how to create and interpret the brief, build successful relationships and what to do when things go wrong. As an event professional, getting this fundamental task right will mean your event is 90% of the way to being a success.
What You Will Learn:
Appreciate why suppliers are so important
Learning how to create a supplier tender (or brief)
Sourcing the best supplier for an event
Reading and understanding supplier contracts
Managing multiple suppliers during planning
Managing suppliers on event day
Debriefing correctly with supplier
Building strong and meaningful relationships
Learning how to tackle problem suppliers
How to interpret a client brief
Objective setting to find the perfect venue for an event
How to visualise your event idea
Learning the process of venue finding
Learning how to source the right venue for your event
Conducting successful site visits
Documentation for venue planning
Bringing event concepts to life (venue set up)
How to build good relationships with venue managers
The art of negotiation to achieve results
How venues can help you create the perfect event
How to manage your venue on event day
What the Masterclass Contains:
This Masterclass is divided into two lessons - 'Venue Management', and 'Supplier Management' - that include films, slides and presentations.
There are 10 downloadable resources for you to keep, use and refer back to when organising your next event.
Also included are several exercises for you to test your learning and develop your skills.
You get 6-months' access from your date of registration.
Claire has more than 20 years' experience in the charity and not-for-profit sector creating and delivering successful high-profile fundraising events in the UK and globally, working with some of the UK's most prestigious venues.
Live CIM accredited courses
Online CIM accredited courses
Technical Production, Print & Design
Setting Up an Event Business
Festival Event Management
Creativity in Events
Venue & Supplier Management
Financial Management and Budgeting for Events
The Event Essentials
Corporate Events & Conferences
Social Media for Events
Want to find out more? Click here
- The Academy was formed to challenge the traditional training offered to event students, raise industry standards and prepare future leaders for a career in the business.
- We believe that event management needs to be experienced and not just learned to be able to do it well, so we apply Lao Tzu’s approach wherever possible……Tell me I forget, Show me and I remember, Involve me and I understand!
- All our Founders and Lecturers have worked in the industry, either running their own agencies or leading teams in industry leading agencies or businesses around the world
- We are uniquely, independently accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing
- We focus purely on event management and so are able to adapt to new trends and apply them on our courses
- We are the UK market leader, training more students than any other organisation in the UK
- Our students come from all over the world
- We work with over 500 event businesses across the UK placing students, providing volunteers and supporting business challenges and are the preferred supplier to some of the largest agencies in the UK.
- In 2016, to make it easier for people to understand what we do, we changed our name from Ashdown Academy/Eventcourse to The Event Academy.
About this Masterclass
About the Lesson Lecture Film Learning Resources Venue Management short quiz to test your knowledge
About the Lesson Lecture Film Learning Resources Supplier Management short quiz to test your knowledge
Congratulations! Study for an Accredited Course Your Certificate of Achievement