Ever dreamed of starting your own event business? This 90-minute Masterclass takes you through the stages, step-by-step to setting up your own business and getting you started on this incredible journey.
What You Will Learn:
- How to evaluate the opportunities and risks
- Creating a mission statement and objectives for your business
- Learn how to research and evaluate business ideas / concepts
- Basic building blocks of setting up a business, online, finance, registration, etc.
- Legal requirements, insurance, etc.
- Your partners, staff and suppliers
- Your customers and the market you operate in
- Competitive edge and how to get it
- Creating a Business Plan to deliver the first 18 months
What the Masterclass Contains:
This Masterclass spans three lessons - 'Setting Up a Business', 'Financial Management and Budgeting', and 'A Day in the Life of...' - each with their own unique lecture films.
There are 10 downloadable resources for you to keep and use following the completion of the course.
Also included are several exercises for you to test your learning and develop your skills.
You get 6-months' access from your date of registration.
Rupert is a founder of The Event Academy and has been running successful event businesses for over 25 years. His hands-on event experience and valuable insight will give you the confidence you need to start your own event business.
Live CIM accredited courses
Online CIM accredited courses
Technical Production, Print & Design
Setting Up an Event Business
Festival Event Management
Creativity in Events
Venue & Supplier Management
Financial Management and Budgeting for Events
The Event Essentials
Corporate Events & Conferences
Social Media for Events
Want to find out more? Click here
- The Academy was formed to challenge the traditional training offered to event students, raise industry standards and prepare future leaders for a career in the business.
- We believe that event management needs to be experienced and not just learned to be able to do it well, so we apply Lao Tzu’s approach wherever possible……Tell me I forget, Show me and I remember, Involve me and I understand!
- All our Founders and Lecturers have worked in the industry, either running their own agencies or leading teams in industry leading agencies or businesses around the world
- We are uniquely, independently accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing
- We focus purely on event management and so are able to adapt to new trends and apply them on our courses
- We are the UK market leader, training more students than any other organisation in the UK
- Our students come from all over the world
- We work with over 500 event businesses across the UK placing students, providing volunteers and supporting business challenges and are the preferred supplier to some of the largest agencies in the UK.
- In 2016, to make it easier for people to understand what we do, we changed our name from Ashdown Academy/Eventcourse to The Event Academy.
About the Lesson Lecture Film
About the Lesson Lecture Film 1 Budgeting Introduction short quiz to test your knowledge Lecture Film 2 Learning Resources Budgeting Advanced short quiz to test your knowledge
About the Lesson Film
Congratulations! Study for an Accredited Course Your Certificate of Achievement