Safety at events is often taken for granted by staff, suppliers and guests. Simply assuming that events are safe is not enough; event professionals must ensure the correct policies and procedures are put in place.
In this Masterclass you will learn how to manage Risk, Health and Safety at different events and create a comprehensive Risk Assessment. The 80 years combined experience of The Event Academy team is distilled into an easy to absorb tutorial that will give you the confidence to recognise, plan for and minimise risk to create safe event environments.
What You Will Learn:
The meaning of Risk
How to measure the perception of Risk
Key legislation in the UK
Civil liability in the UK
The importance of insurance
Event licensing in the UK
How to create a Risk Assessment
The art of managing Risk
What the Masterclass Contains:
This Masterclass includes a carefully crafted lecture film and numerous downloadable resources for you to keep and use to help make your next event a success.
Also included are several exercises for you to test your learning and develop your skills.
You get 6-months' access from your date of registration.
Claire is a highly experienced event professional, with over 20 years’ experience in the charity and not-for-profit sector creating and delivering some of the most successful fundraising events in the UK and globally.
Live CIM accredited courses
Online CIM accredited courses
Technical Production, Print & Design
Setting Up an Event Business
Festival Event Management
Creativity in Events
Venue & Supplier Management
Financial Management and Budgeting for Events
The Event Essentials
Corporate Events & Conferences
Social Media for Events
Want to find out more? Click here
- The Academy was formed to challenge the traditional training offered to event students, raise industry standards and prepare future leaders for a career in the business.
- We believe that event management needs to be experienced and not just learned to be able to do it well, so we apply Lao Tzu’s approach wherever possible……Tell me I forget, Show me and I remember, Involve me and I understand!
- All our Founders and Lecturers have worked in the industry, either running their own agencies or leading teams in industry leading agencies or businesses around the world
- We are uniquely, independently accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing
- We focus purely on event management and so are able to adapt to new trends and apply them on our courses
- We are the UK market leader, training more students than any other organisation in the UK
- Our students come from all over the world
- We work with over 500 event businesses across the UK placing students, providing volunteers and supporting business challenges and are the preferred supplier to some of the largest agencies in the UK.
- In 2016, to make it easier for people to understand what we do, we changed our name from Ashdown Academy/Eventcourse to The Event Academy.
About the Lesson Lecture Film Learning Resources