Good financial management is one of the most important aspects of delivering successful events for clients. Your ability to create and manage budgets and advise clients on how to effectively run their finances for events, will set you apart as a truly great event professional.
Transform your financial management skills with this easy to follow, step-by-step Masterclass designed to give you the information and confidence to build and manage your event budgets.
What You Will Learn:
You will be able to
Understand the principles of budgeting
Compile and manage an event budget
Understand the difference between income and cash flow
Get to grips with the art of negotiation (including procurement)
Grasp the pros and cons of supplier tie-ins
Appreciate the necessity of contingency planning
Know how to make a profit from your event.
You will understand
Income vs. Expenditure (Gross vs. Net income)
Estimated vs. Actual Income/Expenditure (variance tracker)
Contingency re. percentages of spend
Client budget vs. internal budget
Return on investment (ROI)
Purchase Orders and invoicing
Venue and supplier contracts.
What the Masterclass Contains:
This Masterclass contains two detailed and specially crafted films that develop and cement your knowledge.
There are 10 downloadable resources for you to keep, providing valuable assistance to help your next event succeed.
Also included are several exercises for you to test your learning and develop your skills.
You get 6-months' access from your date of registration.
Over the last 20 years, Rupert has led some of London’s most successful event agencies with direct experience of complex, large scale, multi-agency event budgets. In this Masterclass he shares his own experiences and with practical demonstrations guides you through the process of setting up and managing a typical event budget.
Live CIM accredited courses
Online CIM accredited courses
Technical Production, Print & Design
Setting Up an Event Business
Festival Event Management
Creativity in Events
Venue & Supplier Management
Financial Management and Budgeting for Events
The Event Essentials
Corporate Events & Conferences
Social Media for Events
Want to find out more? Click here
- The Academy was formed to challenge the traditional training offered to event students, raise industry standards and prepare future leaders for a career in the business.
- We believe that event management needs to be experienced and not just learned to be able to do it well, so we apply Lao Tzu’s approach wherever possible……Tell me I forget, Show me and I remember, Involve me and I understand!
- All our Founders and Lecturers have worked in the industry, either running their own agencies or leading teams in industry leading agencies or businesses around the world
- We are uniquely, independently accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing
- We focus purely on event management and so are able to adapt to new trends and apply them on our courses
- We are the UK market leader, training more students than any other organisation in the UK
- Our students come from all over the world
- We work with over 500 event businesses across the UK placing students, providing volunteers and supporting business challenges and are the preferred supplier to some of the largest agencies in the UK.
- In 2016, to make it easier for people to understand what we do, we changed our name from Ashdown Academy/Eventcourse to The Event Academy.
About the Lesson Lecture Film 1 Learning Resources Budgeting Introduction short quiz to test your knowledge Lecture Film 2 Budgeting Advanced short quiz to test your knowledge
Congratulations! Study for an Accredited Course Your Certificate of Achievement