This Masterclass provides a comprehensive overview of Festival Event Management providing you with the knowledge and skills required to deal with the unique challenges that managing a mass participation event can create. In this masterclass you'll learn how to develop effective sales and marketing strategies, the skills and processes needed to manage very large numbers of people and traffic, site security and how to deal with unpredictable weather, headline acts and more!
What You Will Learn:
How to create robust sales and marketing strategies
The history of festivals and the different types of festival now
The skills needed to manage mass participation events
Different types of entertainment and attraction to festivals
The key permissions, licenses and health and safety requirements
How to manage traffic and create good event flows/signage
How to deal with congestion and get the most from emergency services, site security
Onsite structures, the dos and don'ts
How to make the most of your venue and which ones to avoid
Headline acts, weather, children and access, staff and volunteers
Queues, pinch points, flow of traffic and users
How to set up and how to break down
How to make the most of final briefings and walk-throughs
What the Masterclass Contains:
The lesson in this Masterclass contains two films and a slide deck that have been carefully crafted by event professionals.
There are numerous downloadable resources for you to keep and use after you complete the course.
Also included are several exercises for you to test your learning and develop your skills.
You get 6-months' access from your date of registration.
Alex is a highly respected and seasoned event director with over 15 years' experience, specialising in large live events. Alex has used her specialist experience to help many other event professionals start their own festival businesses.
Live CIM accredited courses
Online CIM accredited courses
Technical Production, Print & Design
Setting Up an Event Business
Festival Event Management
Creativity in Events
Venue & Supplier Management
Financial Management and Budgeting for Events
The Event Essentials
Corporate Events & Conferences
Social Media for Events
Want to find out more? Click here
- The Academy was formed to challenge the traditional training offered to event students, raise industry standards and prepare future leaders for a career in the business.
- We believe that event management needs to be experienced and not just learned to be able to do it well, so we apply Lao Tzu’s approach wherever possible……Tell me I forget, Show me and I remember, Involve me and I understand!
- All our Founders and Lecturers have worked in the industry, either running their own agencies or leading teams in industry leading agencies or businesses around the world
- We are uniquely, independently accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing
- We focus purely on event management and so are able to adapt to new trends and apply them on our courses
- We are the UK market leader, training more students than any other organisation in the UK
- Our students come from all over the world
- We work with over 500 event businesses across the UK placing students, providing volunteers and supporting business challenges and are the preferred supplier to some of the largest agencies in the UK.
- In 2016, to make it easier for people to understand what we do, we changed our name from Ashdown Academy/Eventcourse to The Event Academy.
About this Masterclass
Lecture Film Lecture Film Slide Decks Festivals Teaching Webinar Learning Resources
Festivals Quiz - Test your Knowledge
Congratulations! Study for an Accredited Course Your Certificate of Achievement