The Event Essentials Masterclass is designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to kick-start your career in events. Through this course you will gain an understanding of the ‘event journey’, strategic and operational event planning, how to set up a project, create event briefs and add creativity to your events. The masterclass also includes a unique insight into a ‘day in the life’ of a selection of professional event managers.
What You Will Learn:
The Event Journey
Strategic vs Operational event planning
Event briefs (both how to issue and how to respond to a brief)
Delegates, attendees, guests and customers
Problem solving/solution providing
Budgeting and financial management
Technical, logistics and venues
Agendas, running orders, timelines
Setting up your own event project
Measurement and evaluation
What makes a successful event
How do you use creativity in your event planning?
A day in the life of an event manager
What the Masterclass Contains:
This Masterclass contains four lessons that cover topics including the Event Journey, creativity and project management.
The numerous downloadable resources are yours to keep and use after you complete the Masterclass, aiding you in the success of your next event.
Also included are several exercises for you to test your learning and develop your skills.
You get 6-months' access from your date of registration.
This Masterclass is delivered by the founders of The Event Academy, Justine, Lorne, Claire and Rupert. They are all widely recognised and highly regarded within the events industry, with over 80 years combined event management experience between them. They all have direct, hands on experience of the industry ranging from corporate events, conferences, fundraising and charity events to sporting events, exhibitions, weddings and experiential events.
Live CIM accredited courses
Online CIM accredited courses
Technical Production, Print & Design
Setting Up an Event Business
Festival Event Management
Creativity in Events
Venue & Supplier Management
Financial Management and Budgeting for Events
The Event Essentials
Corporate Events & Conferences
Social Media for Events
Want to find out more? Click here
- The Academy was formed to challenge the traditional training offered to event students, raise industry standards and prepare future leaders for a career in the business.
- We believe that event management needs to be experienced and not just learned to be able to do it well, so we apply Lao Tzu’s approach wherever possible……Tell me I forget, Show me and I remember, Involve me and I understand!
- All our Founders and Lecturers have worked in the industry, either running their own agencies or leading teams in industry leading agencies or businesses around the world
- We are uniquely, independently accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing
- We focus purely on event management and so are able to adapt to new trends and apply them on our courses
- We are the UK market leader, training more students than any other organisation in the UK
- Our students come from all over the world
- We work with over 500 event businesses across the UK placing students, providing volunteers and supporting business challenges and are the preferred supplier to some of the largest agencies in the UK.
- In 2016, to make it easier for people to understand what we do, we changed our name from Ashdown Academy/Eventcourse to The Event Academy.
About the Lesson Lecture Film Learning Resources The Event Journey Short Quiz to Test Your Knowledge
About the Lesson Lecture Film Learning Resources Setting Up a Project Short Quiz to Test your Knowledge
About the Lesson Lecture Film Learning Resources Creativity in Events short quiz to test your knowledge
About the Lesson Film
Congratulations! Study for an Accredited Course Your Certificate of Achievement